The Austrian Journal of Development Studies is a scientific journal that provides a forum for a critical discussion of development policy-relevant issues. The JEP is published four times a year and includes articles in German and English.
The issues are each devoted to a specific topic, supplemented by reviews of new development policy publications and free contributions. The editorial team is committed to publishing high-quality articles that meet international standards. Independent articles are welcome, but can only be included according to the space requirements of the respective thematic section.
I. General guidelines for articles
- Please submit your contribution in the following typeface: Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing, size 12 point.
- The journal publishes articles in German and English.
- The maximum length of a contribution is 47,000 characters including spaces, abstract, endnotes and a complete bibliography; however, the length may vary depending on the number of contributions in a special issue (please contact the special issue editors); the maximum length for reviews is 5,000 characters.
- Headings shall be numbered as follows: 1. first heading; 1.1. second heading
- Sparing use of italics: Titles and foreign-language expressions only
- Graphics and illustrations must be submitted as a separate file (preferably TIFF or PDF); minimum 300 dpi
- No footnotes; the number of endnotes is limited to a maximum of 5.
Additional information (to be provided in a separate document):
- Name and address of the author including email
- Brief description of the scientific activity (job title, position, research focus) (max. 50 words)
- Any funding institutions and scholarships that have contributed to the research
- Abstract German (maximum. 100 words)
- Abstract English (maximum 100 words)
- 5 self-defined keywords
The article and the complete additional information should be sent as an e-mail attachment to the production management (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is urgently requested that the text be submitted in standard format, i.e. without format templates, and that the article and the additional information be sent in an e-mail.
II. Additional guidelines for reviews
The Austrian Journal of Development Studies is interested in the publication of reviews aimed at an interdisciplinary and international readership in the field of critical development research.
The review must be confirmed by the production management before submission. Proposals for reviews are welcome. Reviews must be submitted no later than six weeks after receipt of the book.
- The formal requirements of the reviews are the same as those of the articles.
- The maximum length for reviews is 5,000 characters.
III. Formal requirements for contributions
The editorial deadline for Issue No. 1 is 31.10, for Issue No. 2 the 31.1, for Issue No. 3 the 30.4 and for Issue No. 4 the 31.7. Please note the longer lead time for a peer-reviewed journal.
The JEP is a refereed journal. All submitted articles will be read and commented by the members of the editorial team. Editorial meetings usually take place on the first Friday of each month. For detailed information, please contact the JEP production manager.
Austrian Journal of Development Studies (JEP)
C3 - Center for International Development
Contact: Clemens Pfeffer
Phone: ++43 (1) 317 40 17 610